It seems like I only write here when I’m in a bad mood, and, well, tonight is no exception. I’ve been kinda under-the-weather all weekend, but tomorrow, I am committed to getting back to work and interacting with the world again.
five quick nice things:
• I was asked to be a part of Short Run!!! I can’t even express how excited I am about this. So, it sucked being sick, but it also gave me lots of downtime to redesign their website, which has been sooo satisfying! I love building websites. I think it uses a part of my brain that otherwise sits dormant. It’s such a rush when a page looks wonky, but I’m able to look at the code and figure out how to make it look better. I’m certainly no pro at this; it’s just something I really, really enjoy.
• And on that note, I also get to take over a friend’s band’s website soon! I feel very lucky!
• I really like the new Ducktails album, which comes out tomorrow. Ducktails is a solo project of Matt Mondanile, the guitarist from Real Estate, with help from the Slumberland Records band Big Troubles. One of the songs reminds me of Luna, with Matt singing about “making love to his alien wife.” It cracks me up.
• I’ve had some good thrift luck lately, and have been buying the most ridiculous things: a striped knit jumpsuit from the ’70s, some rainbow-stripe high-waisted corduroy flares, and a v-neck sweater with giraffe appliques where one of the giraffes looks like it’s looking at my boobs. Like I said, really ridiculous stuff.
• I can’t think of a number five. Um, the cashier at Trader Joe’s was really nice to me today. There.